To schedule patient appointments for physician and ancillary services. To accurately collect all necessary patient demographic and insurance information. To maintain communications with both patients and clinical staff regarding scheduling issues.
- Provides excellent customer service to patients, co-workers, physicians and clinical staff. Greets customers on the telephone, assesses needs and provides information and/or service requested. Directs patient calls to appropriate departments.
- Collects all necessary patient demographic, insurance and clinical information and updates changes when needed.
- Schedules new patient appointment using symptoms and clinical information collected. Determines which physician and/or clinic can best serve the patient. Schedules patient appointments for physician and ancillary services in a timely and accurate manner. Accurately update and maintain patient wait list.
- Ensures that patient’s insurance allows them to be seen with scheduled physician at National Jewish.
- Refers patients to financial counseling if necessary.
- Ensures referrals for services are obtained. Communicates with utilization management if necessary to ensure that services are authorized prior to the scheduled appointment. Accurately update and maintain waitlist.
- Reads, comprehends, and completes clinical orders in the EMR in a timely and accurate manner.
- Notifies admissions department of need for direct patient contact and follow up.
- Communicates with clinicians to ensure that patient appointments are accurately ordered and scheduled. Manages physician schedules as assigned to ensure that schedules are full and accurate.
- Maintains communications with patients to keep them apprised of the status of their appointments. Acts as a problem solver with patients, clinicians and departments to ensure that scheduling is performed with the highest level of customer service. Monitors all aspects of individual patient schedules for continuity of appointments and appropriate prerequisite appointments.
- Self-reviews scheduled appointments to ensure account is correctly set up. Serves as a backup for other personnel in the Adult Administrative Services Department.
- Maintains appropriate level of knowledge regarding NJH clinical operations, insurance procedures, and clinical terminology and coding practices. Maintains appropriate level of expertise with the Registration and Scheduling systems.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Business Acumen: Using economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent preferred. Associates degree in business, nursing or health care administration, preferred.
- Work Experience: A minimum of two (2) or more years of recent and related experience in a health care or customer service environment required.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None
Salary Range: $19.00 - $21.00. Candidates who are bilingual speaking Spanish will receive an additional $1.00/hour language differential.