National Jewish Health is conducting a search for a new faculty member at the Assistant Professor level in the Department of Immunology and Genomic Medicine. Candidates with a background in translational or basic immunology are encouraged to apply. Of particular interest are candidates with a research program that focuses on immunology in the lung. Opportunities to interface with clinical programs are available.
The Ideal candidate will:
- Have a Ph.D. or M.D. degree, or both, along with substantial postdoctoral training
- Have a strong publication record
- Carry out innovative basic or translational research
- Participate in the training of graduate and medical students
- Develop an extramurally funded research program with national recognition
Department of Immunology and Genomic Medicine (DIGM)
The Department of Immunology and Genomic Medicine, Chaired by Dr. Philippa Marrack, offers a highly interactive, collegial and exciting research environment with world-renowned programs in innate and adaptive immunity, autoimmunity, infectious disease, genomics, and bioinformatics. The Department is closely affiliated with the Center for Genes, Environment, and Health at NJH and the Department of Immunology and Microbiology, located nearby on the University of Colorado-Anschutz Medical Campus. Our assets include excellent core facilities in flow cytometry, microscopy (including live imaging), genomics, and lipidomics, as well as an outstanding animal facility and mouse genetics core facility. At NJH, unparalleled opportunities exist for collaboration with physician scientists whose interests lie in asthma, allergy, lung cancer, infectious disease, autoimmunity, and COPD, as well as other aspects of pulmonary medicine. A program of human genetics and genomics, with associated human biobank, facilitates translational research.
Salary range: $100,000 - $200,000
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan