This job posting is no longer active.
Provides logistical, clerical, and liaison support for Stores inventory area at National Jewish Health, Denver Campus; this includes all aspects of inventory management including conducting physical inventory, distribution and reconciliation of inventory, and data management.
- Assists walk-in customers to Stores. Fulfills customer supply requests and processes charges out of Stores inventory in Supply Chain Management computer system.
- Responsible for daily management of inventory items located in Stores. Performs routine (daily, weekly, monthly) physical inventories for supply items located in Stores. Keeps current with inventory products located in Stores as well as items shared for Central Service. Assist with any problems, issues or opportunities with inventory supplies located in Central Service and Stores.
- Responsible for routine inventory replenishment requests. Replenishment requests are done on a weekly basis based on PAR levels or on an as needed basis. Tracks the Stores inventory replenishment requisitions. Identifies any issues and communicates with Stores and Mailroom Supervisor.
- Responsible for Sputum kits including maintaining supplies and putting together kits for distribution.
- Administers Project Cure program including tracking incoming used supplies and pricing for end of year tax information for Finance department.
- Coordinates any Return of Merchandise Authorizations for Stores inventory with the Stores and Mailroom Supervisor.
- Back up for the Print Shop Coordinator when out monitoring and replacing copier supplies as need for the copier program to various department throughout the hospital. Responsible for maintaining PAR levels of copier, monitoring copier program , print shop request through email toner and supplies and reordering supplies, filling print shop orders.
- Responsible for Monthly paper run to all areas, including COH.
- Responsible for administrative tasks involving computer data entry and liaison with customers inside and outside the organization. Analyzing various processes in Stores which may include quality improvement suggestions and tracking of suggestions to show improvement.
- Responsible for delivering Dry Ice to pre-determined ares throughout the hospital once a week on Mondays.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Creativity and Innovation: Applies creative problem-solving skills to develop solutions to problems; recognizes and demonstrates the value in taking “smart” risks and learning from mistakes; develops multiple alternatives and understands the feasibility of each; effectively shares and implements his/her ideas. Generates innovative solutions in work situations; tries different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Managing Work and Time/Project Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages project(s) by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e., budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required
- Work Experience: 2 years of administrative assistant or related office setting experience preferred
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None
Salary Range: $18.00 - $20.00
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan