The Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator will work with a preceptor to learn the regulations, guidelines and institutional policies that govern the proper conduct of research at National Jewish Health and learn to manage the operational aspects of clinical research.
Would prefer Spanish Speaking
- Learns and applies Clinical Research Guidelines including Good Clinical Practice, HIPAA regulations, CRS Standard Operating Procedures, applicable NJH Policies and Procedures, and FDA, NIH, OHRP, ICH guidelines as applicable.
- Masters all study materials, including but not limited to protocols, informed consent forms, and all other essential study documents for assigned studies.
- Learns and performs study-related processes, procedures, and assessments as defined in study protocol and in compliance with regulating bodies and NJH competency requirements.
- Complies with regulatory bodies to create and maintain study records, and if applicable, dispensation and accountability of investigational product.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Patient Relations: Meeting patient and patient family needs; taking responsibility for a patient’s safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; using appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain their confidence.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Less than 20%
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Bachelor's degree required
- Work Experience: Clinical research or clinical experience preferred
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: BLS required within one month of hire. CITI training required within one month of hire.
Salary Range: Starting salary for this position is set at $21.50/hour.
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan