This job posting is no longer active.
Performs high level professional accounting duties for the institution, including preparation of financial statements, tax returns and regulatory filings. Interprets and applies FASB guidance, tax and other regulations ensuring compliance. Prepares complex reconciliations and reviews reconciliations and financial reports prepared by others. Ensures the integrity of financial information and reporting and exercises considerable judgment in recording, reconciling, and maintaining the accuracy of the institution’s financial transactions and account balances. Recommends improvements regarding regular accounting tasks and internal controls and creatively develops new ways to accomplish operational objectives in a more effective and efficient manner.
- Prepares financial statements, footnotes, and reports in compliance with GAAP. Prepares tax and regulatory filings in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. Prepares financial reports and analyses as requested by senior and executive management.
- Prepares financial reporting required by the institution’s affiliations including joint operating agreements or other arrangements.
- Maintains a solid understanding of the accounting systems including the underlying financial chart of accounts, departments, sub-systems, and business processes. Obtains data necessary to produce financial reporting or to analyze accuracy of data through query, system reports or working with data specialists.
- Responsible for complex account reconciliations and revenue recognition for a variety of areas throughout the organization. Analyzes key accounts that require high levels of judgment.
- Reviews and approves reconciliations, reports and journal entries prepared by others.
- Serves as a resource for the institution and co-workers by providing effective communication, direction, guidance and resources as appropriate on issues of accounting, taxation, internal control and financial reporting.
- Contributes to the development of fiscal policies and procedures; the development of internal controls over accounting and financial reporting; the research of new accounting and tax standards; and the implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
- Participates in and provides leadership with fiscal year-end responsibilities, including completing work papers, work paper analysis and review; and ensuring external audit requests are completed timely.
- Maintains strong knowledge of the institution’s operations, programs, and business lines.
- Maintains employee confidentiality and any other confidential information obtained while performing job duties. Ensures compliance with appropriate regulations and legal agency requirements.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Building Trust: Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Initiative: 4 Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Managing Work and Time/Project Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages project(s) by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e., budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed
- Problem Solving: Uses issue identification, data relation and comparison, pattern recognition and information gathering to create analyses and make recommendations.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. Master’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- Work Experience: A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the accounting field required. Public accounting audit experience preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: CPA preferred. In depth understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and financial reporting required. Prior experience with PeopleSoft preferred.
Salary Range: $70,000 - $90,000
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan