The Office of Academic Affairs and Research Support Services is currently seeking an Administrative Coordinator to join our growing and fast-paced team. This position will support the success of our Precision Medicine Program, and will provide exemplary administrative support for Dr. Bowler and Research Support Services at National Jewish Health.
Successful candidates will be motivated by: the smallest detail being executed to perfection; effectively juggling multiple priorities through to completion; and successfully anticipating the needs of others. Ideal candidates will have experience in project management or have had exposure to grants, contracts and/or compliance. Our administrative and research team consists of individuals who are committed to making a difference to change the lives of patients worldwide.
Coordinates a program that is key for the business operations of a department. Exercises discretion and independent judgment. Develops, interprets and implements policies and procedures.
- Coordinates a program for a department. On-boards new participants in the program. Leads the work of others and trains.
- Handles the communications for the program including newsletters, program materials, correspondence, minutes, phone calls and emails. Develops PowerPoint presentations for the program. May develop and maintain the program's website.
- Coordinates scheduling of meetings and events, plans agendas and may be in charge of scheduling clinical activities or shifts.
- Prepares financial, tracking and other administrative reports by researching, gathering and compiling data. Develops graphs, spreadsheets and may make projections. Updates reports and distributes them periodically.
- May provide administrative assistant support to managers, directors, faculty or faculty leadership positions including the duties of Administrative Professional levels II through III. May coordinate grant budgets and submissions.
- Serves as a liaison to other internal programs and departments, as well as external hospitals and other entities.
- Develops, interprets and implements policies and procedures, demonstrating independent judgment and discretion.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
- Valuing and Leveraging Diversity: Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the organization. Seeks understanding; conveys respect; uses diversity as an advantage; champions diversity.
- Initiative: Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive. Responds quickly, takes independent action, goes above and beyond.
- Adaptability: Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures. Tries to understand changes; approaches change or newness positively; adjusts behavior.
- Managing Work and Time/Project Management: Effectively manages one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages project(s) focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e. budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed. Prioritizes, makes preparation, schedules, and leverages resources.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Work Experience: Four (4) years experience as an Administrative Assistant/Professional or general administration
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None
Salary Range: $56,000 - $70,000
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan