The Leung/Goleva laboratory is seeking a highly motivated Lab Researcher Technician to join the team. The laboratory has a major focus on atopic dermatitis and other inflammatory skin diseases.
The lab has made significant contributions to the understanding of molecular mechanisms of epidermal differentiation, skin barrier function and immune response in atopic dermatitis. Our work in atopic dermatitis/eczema has contributed to discovery of biomarkers for disease endotyping and many of the recently developed treatments for this disease. The work is now expanded to the role of skin in allergic sensitization/early life atopy development. In addition, the group is involved in studying skin related immune adverse reactions in cancer patients on immunotherapies.
Current projects in the laboratory require in vitro cell culture, work with primary cells and organotypic 3D skin equivalents, fluorescent microscopy, histology, flow cytometry, and molecular biology (real time RT-PCR, Western blots, transfections, siRNA etc.). The work involves processing human specimens (blood, skin biopsies, skin tape strip samples).
Ideal candidates should have experience with bench research through coursework, internships, or another job, and show enthusiasm for the investigative research. Training on specific techniques used in the laboratory will be provided. Previous laboratory experience is a plus.
The position performs as an entry level technician under the direction of a Principal Investigator or Laboratory Manager which may include assisting in collecting, tabulating and analyzing research data.
- Performs routine laboratory tests under the direction of a Principal Investigator or Lab Manager.
- Collects, accurately records and analyzes data in conjunction with other research staff.
- Obtains and maintains minimum proficiency in data analysis, preparation of glassware, extraction and plating procedures, basic programming and mathematical ordering systems. May utilize computer.
- Maintains compliance with all institutional/safety training requirements.
- Maintains laboratory records, supplies and samples in an organized manner (such as a laboratory notebook and sample storage record).
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Laboratory Knowledge: Demonstrates and understands laboratory testing and methodology.
- Decision Quality: Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement. Sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Adaptability: Maintains effectiveness in the midst of change in work responsibilities or environment, requirements ambiguity, or stress.
- Problem Solving: Uses issue identification, data relation and comparison, pattern recognition and information gathering to create analyses and make recommendations.
- Informing/Communicating: Conveys ideas, responses, or instructions effectively, appropriately, and persuasively through writing or speech.
- Professional Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
- Education: BS /BA degree required.
- Work Experience: None
- Special Training, Certification and Licensure: A demonstrated basic knowledge of laboratory procedures, laboratory equipment, and data collection /classification required.
Salary Range: $19.00 - $21.00
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan