This job posting is no longer active.
***$2,000 Sign-On Bonus!***
Maintains the integrity of the HVAC equipment with preventative maintenance work orders, minor repairs to the different equipment IE; control valves, pumps, including some kitchen equipment and the ability to work with electrical and pneumatic temperature controls to provide a comfortable and safe environment for staff and patients. Works closely with the Journeyman HVAC Mechanics through listening, learning and assisting the Journeyman with highly skilled installation of new equipment and repairs of old equipment for all HVAC systems including refrigeration systems.
- Listens and communicates effectively with the Lead HVAC and the Journeymen in the HVAC shop on a daily basis to understand assignments and schedules, allowing time enough to complete the tasks, to meet needs of the campus.
- Maintains mechanical-electrical equipment pertaining to HVAC including pumps, valves, compressors, controls, fans, and electrical motors.
- Performs refrigeration maintenance and repairs on small refrigeration equipment and assists Journeyman on more skilled and difficult maintenance and repairs, as well as new installations learning the techniques from the Journeyman.
- Performs scheduled preventive maintenance on HVAC equipment throughout the Facility and completes documentation that is generated from our computerized Preventive Maintenance Program.
- Fills in as part of the On-Call rotation for Facilities as scheduled.
- Cleans and maintains all HVAC shop tools and equipment, keeping the HVAC shop neat, clean, and organized, with the various special tools and supplies in their proper places (that he or she uses on a daily basis).
- Communicates verbally and writing down needed supplies that are running low, as well as any damaged tools or equipment that need to be repaired or replaced.
- Responsible for filling out work orders for projects assigned to this position with all necessary information and especially material used.
- Part of the snow removal team, cleaning the sidewalks leading into our buildings, using a show shovel during snow storms.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Collaboration: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Energy: Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent required. Completion of some HVAC training programs preferred.
- Work Experience: 2 years of diversified experience in mechanical, electrical or building maintenance skills including some plumbing, 2 years of education in the HVAC field or combination of education and experience required.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: Current Colorado driver’s license required. (CFC) Refrigerant Recovery Certificate (Universal preferred but at least Type I and Type II) preferred or acquired within 1 year of hire.
Salary Range: $22.00 - $26.00
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan