***$2,000 Sign-On Bonus!***
To provide a safe, efficient and comfortable environment for all patients, staff and visitors by performing skilled HVAC mechanic duties involving installing, maintaining and repairing heating, cooling, and air handling units, and supporting equipment throughout National Jewish Health Campus following standards established by the manufacturer and department.
- Leads the work of Sub-Journeyman co-workers by providing effective communication, direction, guidance and resources as appropriate.
- Performs journeyman level HVAC mechanical duties of troubleshooting, maintaining, repairing, installing, heating and cooling air handling equipment, installing new electrical circuits and controls for the HVAC equipment.
- Maintains and repairs compressors, fans, motors, pumps, thermostats, coils and pneumatic temperature controls for all mechanical equipment.
- Performs refrigeration maintenance repairs on small refrigeration equipment, major refrigeration equipment, small appliances, and new installations.
- Performs general maintenance duties which includes but not limited to; filter changing, winter and summer shut downs, mechanical room inspections, and repairs on swimming pool equipment.
- Performs maintenance, diagnosis and repairs on plant equipment through the building automation computer systems. Installs and repairs building automation controls both pneumatic and electrical controls.
- Performs maintenance and repairs on cafeteria equipment which includes but not limited to; ovens, walk-ins, display cases, refrigerators and ice machines.
- Performs scheduled preventive maintenance on HVAC equipment throughout the facility and completes documentation that is generated from the computerized Preventive Maintenance Program.
- Fills in as part of the on-call rotation for Plant Services as scheduled.
- Communicates verbally and in writing supplies that are running low, any damaged tools, or equipment that needs to be repaired or replaced.
- Responsible for filling out work orders for projects assigned to this position with all the necessary information and materials used.
- Cleans and maintains all HVAC shop tools and equipment. Keeps the HVAC shop neat, clean and organized, with supplies in their proper places that are used on a daily basis.
- Part of the snow removal team, cleaning the sidewalks leading into our buildings, using a snow shovel during snow storms.
- Participates in capital construction projects with other trades and contractors.
- Fills in for the HVAC Supervisor as needed.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Collaboration: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Energy: Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Completion of HVAC training programs preferred. Work Experience: A minimum of four (4) years diversified experience in mechanical heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and controls, including some electrical and plumbing required.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: Current Colorado driver’s license required. (CFC) Refrigerant Recovery Certificate (Universal preferred but at least Type I and Type II) required. HVAC Denver County refrigeration license required within one year of hire.
Salary Range: $24.00 - $30.00
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan