This job posting is no longer active.
WORK FROM HOME – FULL TIME
National Jewish Health – Tobacco Cessation Program
**Remote positions with our team are currently available for candidates located in
CO, TX, WI, MN, AZ, CA, IL, FL, VA, HI, OK and NY.**
The Tobacco Cessation Health Coach provides assessment, counseling, education and behavioral intervention to tobacco users. This position directly assists tobacco users by using motivational interviewing techniques in deciding whether to make a quit attempt, obtaining and using cessation medicine and staying abstinent from tobacco. Counseling is conducted over the phone and/or through the internet with participants.
- Educates and coaches a diverse population of participants in quitting tobacco by following motivational interviewing techniques. Explains Health Initiatives programs to participants, builds rapport, and engages callers following guidelines, protocols and scripting.
- Completes an intake questionnaire with participants to verify program eligibility. Documents participant data in compliance with HIPAA requirements, departmental standards and specific client guidelines.
- Maintains friendly, confident, open, and effective communication with participants to identify program eligibility and inspire continued participation. Assists participants to help determine participant’s goals, readiness to change, and supports the behavior change.
- Engages in a process of continuous training, learning, and professional growth including QA scores and feedback to ensure delivery of the latest evidence-based practices, content knowledge and skills.
- Maintains call center metrics and individual performance standards.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Informing and Communicating: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. A degree in Psychology, Social Work or other Human Services field preferred.
- Work Experience: A minimum of two (2) years of experience as a health coach preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: Fluent in English and Spanish preferred.
Salary Range: Salary for this position is set at $20.75/hour. Candidates who are bilingual speaking Spanish will receive an additional $1.00/hour lanugage differential.
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan