Provides the vision and management of all Inventory areas within National Jewish Health, Denver Campus except Pharmacy; Receiving and Mail Room necessary to build a highly effective, coordinated, enthusiastic and accurate Central Services team.
- Provides the leadership necessary to build a highly effective, coordinated, enthusiastic and accurate Central Services Team.
- Provides effective strategic management for Central Services. Responsible for oversight of all human resource functions of the department including but not limited to staffing, performance management and training.
- Prepares, implements, and documents strategic plans to ensure best practices throughout the department including cost efficiencies, just in time inventory controls, inventory and mail delivery, and space management.
- Manages all Denver Campus inventory except Pharmacy. Performs and supervises system to ensure replenishment, inventory turnover ratios, outdates, and the rotation of stock; this includes items on the shelves, units and Code Blue carts are not outdated; maintains inventory controls in the organization’s inventory system, including pricing, physical inventories, Affinity charging, overages/shortages, new products, etc. Ensures flow of supplies is not disrupted.
- Provides PeopleSoft inventory, purchasing, and receiving system management, guidance, input, conversion, and transaction support.
- Understands the Institution operations and systems including, but not limited to: Inventory, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, General Accounting, Fixed Assets, Mailroom, Receiving & Budget.
- Responsible for budgeting the department’s expenses, controlling expenses, and reporting on budget versus actual variances.
- Coordinates with outside vendors and Institution’s personnel regarding related Central Services duties and responsibilities. Interviews vendors regarding new products and services; negotiates contracts as needed.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Building a Successful Team: Using appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team, aligns vision with shared values, manages change and encourages innovation.
- Business Acumen: Using economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
- Creativity and Innovation: Applies creative problem-solving skills to develop solutions to problems; recognizes and demonstrates the value in taking “smart” risks and learning from mistakes; develops multiple alternatives and understands the feasibility of each; effectively shares and implements his/her ideas. Generates innovative solutions in work situations; tries different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Managing Work and Time/Project Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages project(s) by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e., budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Manages 1-20 employees
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Bachelor Degree required.
- Work Experience: A minimum seven (7) years in a Central Service Department of a hospital or related organization, with Managerial experience preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None
Salary Range: $75,000 - $90,000
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan