***$2,000 Sign-On Bonus!***
National Jewish Health is currently seeking a Food Sanitation Worker to join our dedicated team in our kitchen and cafeteria. Non-sectarian National Jewish Health is the leading respiratory hospital in the nation. We are known worldwide for the treatment of patients with respiratory, cardiac, immune and related disorders, and for groundbreaking medical research.
This position will have a high level of impact on maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation of the dishes, cookware and utensils used in our department. Our Food Sanitation Workers collaborate with fellow crew members to provide outstanding support to the Institution.
The ideal candidate for this role will thrive working in a fast-paced, flexible and fun environment with a focus on detail and quality. Will be knowledgeable about Department of Health regulations and deliver positive and professional customer service. Will be approachable, accountable and coachable. Is motivated and passionate about integrity and enjoys continual learning. Will be aware of any and all safety/quality issues and maintain a productive, reliable and dependable pace every shift.
If working on an energetic, vibrant and fast pace team is your passion and you bring dedication to cleanliness, teamwork, planning, a drive to cross train and like Monday through Friday daytime hours, our kitchen may be the one for you!
Performs cleaning and sanitizing of all food preparation and meal service equipment following standards and procedures established by the department to safeguard the health of staff, patients and visitors.
- Performs cleaning and sanitizing of all dishes, pots and pans including: scraping, rinsing and loading dishes into dish machine, unloading, stacking and putting clean dishes and utensils away in the kitchen and cafeteria.
- Performs cleaning and sanitizing of kitchen and cafeteria areas, equipment, dish room and floors.
- Empties trash and replaces trashcan liners in the kitchen and cafeteria.
- Performs as a back up to staff absences and vacancies, as necessary.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountably for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Collaboration; Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Energy: Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Managing Work and Time Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Work Experience: None
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None
Salary Range: Salary for this position is set at $17.00/hour.
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan