This job posting is no longer active.
National Jewish Health is seeking a Manager, Digital Marketing Technology to join our team. The selected candidate will be a skilled content editor with SEO and social media experience to help grow the main National Jewish Health website and social media platforms. National Jewish Health is the leading respiratory hospital in the United States. It is known worldwide for the treatment of patients with respiratory, cardiac, immune and related disorders, and for groundbreaking medical research. Founded by the Jewish community in 1899 as a nonprofit hospital, National Jewish Health remains the only facility in the world dedicated exclusively to these disorders. National Jewish Health has ranked as the number one or number two hospital in pulmonology on the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals list ever since pulmonology was included in the rankings.
The Manager of Digital Marketing Technology is responsible for the overall health of the website managing the content management system and creating new functionality. We have a 3rd party vendor that does the heavy development tasks and this position manages this relationship as well as our support budget. This position serves as the project manager for website projects. This individual will make business decisions based on business needs and analytics help us meet our goals as well as making information easy to find for users of the website. This role is considered the “go to” person for the team for HTML help, training and general problem solving. You will also serve as a backup to content updates and internal email communications when others are out of the office.
- Manages and develops an effective staff: providing effective communication, leadership, guidance and resources. Determines staff qualifications and competency: recruits, interviews, selects, hires, trains, orients, mentors, evaluates, coaches, counsels, disciplines, and rewards. Establishes and monitors staff safety and regulatory compliance.
- Creates and administers the strategic direction for web systems based on business needs, budget, operational considerations, regulatory compliance and technical fit. Manages the day-to-day aspects of technical partners. Partners with department leadership to identify and deliver the best solution for business needs.
- Oversees technical efforts for marketing technology including selection of tools, upgrades, enhancement and bug management. Tracks and manages allocated budget associated with tools. Monitors performance and focuses on methods to increase engagement and key business drivers. Responsible for project and resource management for system implementations, new functionality, upgrades, enhancements and bugs.
- Develops goals and manages key projects and day-to-day work, leading resources, engaging stakeholders, guiding the efforts of co-workers, providing effective communication, direction, task management, timeline and resources as appropriate.
- Supervises resources and serves as point of escalation for technical issues related to the website, including the CMS and multiple third-party applications. Serves as a subject matter expert, supporting team members with issues when more advanced problem solving is required and liaising with IST and Health Initiatives for technical guidance.
- Works with Marketing leadership to develop, implement, track and optimize campaigns and programs that drive brand awareness, engagement and conversation across all digital channels. Guides and oversees technical aspects of SEO, email Marketing campaigns, online donations, user permissions, website analytics and content delivery.
- Creates and implements business, technical and functional requirements for website functionality and technology upgrades for National Jewish Health. Implements new features and functionality, content and designs within the back-end tools available in the utilized platforms. Tests and validates system capabilities, ensuring quality control to the end users.
- Manages website work flow, user roles and training across multiple systems and modules to assure security levels are appropriate and users can access necessary maintenance tools.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Building Strategic Relationships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Impact and Influence: Using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying one’s own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved. Taking advantage of opportunities to make a difference and have an impact. When used well, the intended outcome of this competency is the creation of goodwill, trust, and respect while motivating people to want to follow you even when they don’t have to.
- Informing and Communicating: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Talent Management for Leaders: Clearly establishes and communicates expectations and accountabilities; monitors and evaluates performance; provides effective feedback and coaching; identifies development needs and helps employees address them to achieve optimal performance.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Manages 1-3 employees
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Bachelor degree in marketing or related field required.
- Work Experience: 7 years of combined experience with digital marketing, Content Management Systems, digital advertising, online fundraising, web programming and email campaign tools required.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: Experience with enterprise-level content management systems, Website and Email analytics tools, strong knowledge of HTML, CSS.
Salary Range: $95,000 - $110,000
Schedule: This position will be scheduled Monday - Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. The role has a hybrid schedule with some days working in the office and some days working from home.
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan