The Digital Marketing Technology & Data Analyst Lead is responsible for leading both functional areas and the efforts of others. Key business goals include providing accurate, timely and actionable marketing analytics, driving traffic growth through external organic and paid sources and providing technical expertise, training and leadership related to website systems.
- Leads the work of co-workers providing effective communication, direction, guidance and resources as appropriate.
- Leads projects, initiatives and resources to deliver results to the organization.
- Responsible for leading efforts to manage website, email and external data systems. Ensures information accuracy to support business operations and requirements.
- Plans and delivers timely reporting and data analtysis for digital marketing platforms to ensure proper operations and to identify trends. Seeks opportunities and advises other team members on improvements to increase adoption and engagement for website visitors.
- Leads efforts to drive search engeine performance across the website and Google Business tools. Works with content owners to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented in content and the website configuration. Monitors and resolves all related issues.
- Manages and optimizes location management and online reputation presence for all National Jewish Health locations and providers. Monitors and responds to online reviews in collaboration with business-area owners to drive service recovery.
- Works comfortably in content management tools, site configuration and back-end processes. Ensures that content is integrated completely, including taxonomy, cross linking and searching best-practices.
- Supports paid digital media campaigns with landing page optimization, tracking tags and phone data metics, including functional and A/B testing.
- Provides in-depth technical support for digital tools, acts as an expert in HTML, CMS configuration and performance.
- Serves as the liaison with third-party technical resources as needed, and all other duties as assigned..
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Impact and Influence: Using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying one’s own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved. Taking advantage of opportunities to make a difference and have an impact. When used well, the intended outcome of this competency is the creation of goodwill, trust, and respect while motivating people to want to follow you even when they don’t have to.
- Informing and Communicating: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Problem Solving: Uses issue identification, data relation and comparison, pattern recognition and information gathering to create analyses and make recommendations.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Leads the tasks of co-workers in assigned areas.
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Digital Technology, IT, Communications, Marketing, Advertising, or related field, required.
- Work Experience: 5 years of data analytics, search engine optimization, content management, and HTML required. An understanding of digital technology tools website planning and maintenance required. Health care experience preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: Google Adwords and Google Analytics certification preferred
Salary Range: $67,000 - $80,000
Schedule: This position will be scheduled Monday - Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. The role has a hybrid schedule with some days working in the office and some days working from home.
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan