This job posting is no longer active.
Provides leadership and direction for Pulmonary Physiology and Respiratory Therapy. Collaborates with the management team, medical directors and medical staff to ensure quality patient care delivery. Directs and manages the staff, departmental budgets, and overall operations to meet hospital strategic goals.
- Manages and develops an effective staff: providing effective communication, leadership, guidance and resources. Determines staff qualifications and competency: recruits, interviews, selects, hires, trains, orients, mentors, evaluates, coaches, counsels, disciplines, and rewards. Establishes and monitors staff safety and regulatory compliance.
- Collaborates with the staff, medical director(s) of each service area and the multidisciplinary health care team to develop and provide a quality, cost‑effective, patient‑care delivery system that is consistent with national standards and guidelines.
- Directs, manages and monitors specified cost institutions including personnel, capital, space and operational expenses to meet goals and objectives. Leads and prepares annual capital and operational budgets in coordination with Medical Directors and management team.
- Serves as a resource to assure Pulmonary Physiology and Respiratory Therapy are in compliance as required by regulatory entities including; State, Federal, CAP, IAC, Joint Commission and other related agencies as required. Directs compliance of Colorado State licensure law for all clinicians in assigned service areas.
- Oversees formulation of policies and procedures, staff orientation, utilization of institutional information systems and the competency program for areas of responsibility.
- Collaborates with the Medical Directors and physician staff on clinical research activities and development of new clinical tests. Supports research projects that will contribute to patient‑care standards, staff development and the mission of the institution.
- Fosters relationships with affiliates and assists with aligning practice.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Building a Successful Team: Using appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team, aligns vision with shared values, manages change and encourages innovation.
- Building Trust: Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Business Acumen: Using economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
- Creativity and Innovation: Applies creative problem-solving skills to develop solutions to problems; recognizes and demonstrates the value in taking “smart” risks and learning from mistakes; develops multiple alternatives and understands the feasibility of each; effectively shares and implements his/her ideas. Generates innovative solutions in work situations; tries different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Managing Conflict: Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Addresses conflicts by focusing on the issues at hand to develop effective solutions when disputes or disagreements occur; helps others resolve conflicts by providing impartial mediation when needed.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Direct supervision of 2 employees, indirect 40-50 employees
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Physiology, Respiratory Care, Business, or Science is required.
Work Experience: A minimum of 5 years of recent and related experience required. 3 years of advanced management preferred. Experience must include previous management and direction of the disciplines of pulmonary diagnostics, respiratory care services.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure: Registered as Respiratory Care Practitioner or a Pulmonary Function Technologist with the National Board for Respiratory Care required.
Salary Range: $130,000 - $165,000
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan