The Advanced Diagnostic Laboratories (ADx) at National Jewish Health are currently seeking an Account Executive to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to represent the leading US respiratory hospital, National Jewish Health and our internationally recognized Complement, Immunology and Mycobacteriology Laboratories to support drug discovery and clinical development programs. ADx is looking for a highly organized individual interested in account and project management. The position is the main point of contact for the client from a business query of capabilities through contracts, biomarker study execution and final reports. The Account Executive will be representing NJH and ADx to global Clinical Research Organizations, multinational and emerging biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies promoting our services. For account maintenance, the Account Executive will also work closely with ADx Study Coordinators, Laboratory Directors, Quality Assurance and technical staff to develop proposals, contracts and track account business.
The position will report to the Director of Business Development and work closely with ADx operations staff to represent sponsor needs and ensure contracts are finalized as well as track progress of studies and programs.
This position negotiates, sells and identifies new business opportunities for both clinical diagnostics and/or clinical trials. Develops and implements sales and new business development plans. This position is responsible for cultivating and maintaining relationships with key external and internal clinical diagnostics and clinical trials clients, including education, training and client management. Sells new assays and/or services offered by ADx to existing clients.
- Prospects, qualifies, and develops 30, 60, 90 target list of potential new accounts in the clinical diagnostic and clinical trials markets.
- Spearheads the formulation, development, and implementation of the Sales business plan with oversight from the Director of Business Development for a specific geographic territory or target market.
- Develops and executes business retention, growth strategies and tactics consistent with business plan by developing client relationships.
- Coordinates with the Director of Business Development to educate, instruct and sell all assigned and newly generated accounts. Identify potential new accounts and successfully secure new business. Provides input for quarterly management reports with data documenting new, lost, and sold accounts.
- Develops proposals and utilizes consultative selling skills to execute profitable clinical diagnostic and clinical trial contracts. Prepares, and delivers presentations to promote clinical trial and diagnostic laboratory services to internal and external audiences.
- Collects and documents weekly, monthly, and yearly progress and sales goals for accounts. Identifies new markets, trends, customer needs, and competition in order to maintain and improve ADx’s services.
- Reviews proposals to determine types, volume of testing and services needed to meet customer requirements.
- Coordinates protocol setup and interacts with internal and external laboratory directors to develop needed methods for protocol assays. Organizes meetings through the duration of the protocol between customer and ADx operational staff.
- Meets with customers to discuss progress of their testing. Provides feedback to ADx operations on specific customer needs.
- Oversees the resolution of inquiries, problems and concerns arising out of the studies which could adversely affect patient and study results. Acts as a liaison between clients and ADx staff to resolve problems and provide information on products and services to maintain positive relationships.
- Maintains organized account information in ADx CRM including; sales data, potential challenges, and guides key customer sales opportunities.
- Maintains knowledge of current products and services and educates oneself continuously on upcoming products and services provided by ADx Labs and NJH.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Building Strategic Relationships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams departments, units or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Perseverance/Resourcefulness: Accesses and utilizes available resources inside and outside the company.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility: The position may include supervision of support staff to accomplish objectives.
Ability to travel 60%
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a medical/scientific discipline required. MBA or M.Sc. degree, or equivalent direct client support for laboratory services preferred.
- Work Experience: A minimum of 5 years of recent and related sales or business development experience required. Experience in selling specialty laboratory testing to clinical laboratories and decision makers in clinical drug development preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None
Salary Range: $85,000 - $100,000
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan