This job posting is no longer active.
***$2,000 Sign-On Bonus!***
Performs daily cage sanitation and sterilization tasks including facility sanitations required to keep animals housed in the Biological Resource Center (BRC) within regulatory compliance and department SOPs. Working as a team to deliver product for facility use on a daily basis.
- Performs cleaning, sanitation and preparation of clean and soiled caging and accessories in a timely manner in both the clean and dirty cage wash areas.
- Performs safe operation of cage wash machinery including autoclaves, mechanical washers and bedding dispenser, and various equipment within the facility.
- Performs daily maintenance requirements of cage wash equipment and notify supervisor of any equipment malfunctions.
- Performs area and department sanitations.
- Maintains quality control records for cage wash and assigned areas.
- Prepares clean, sterilized caging for facility use each day for the following day.
- Follows and understands traffic flow patterns for department and area to eliminate cross contamination. Receive and store incoming cage wash supplies; maintain clean and orderly storage room(s).
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive. Responds quickly; takes independent action, goes above and beyond.
- Managing Work and Time/Project Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages projects by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timeline based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements; effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed. Prioritizes; Makes preparation, schedules, leverages resources, stays focused, communicates time frames, and gathers appropriated information.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals,; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Work Experience: Prior work experience and AALAS certification at the ALAT level is preferred. Experience working with animals in an animal research setting preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None
Salary Range: $18.00 - $20.00
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan