This job posting is no longer active.
Prepares, processes, and researches all payment receipts for patient and client receivable accounts in an accurate and timely manner.
- Processes payments, adjustments and denials received through all deposit sources including but not limited to lockbox, internal mail, 835 ERA files, ACH, and wire’s timely and accurately.
- Processes co-payments including verification and deposit preparation daily.
- Balances posted deposits and adjustments completed to the appropriate system on a daily basis.
- Records all posted activity on appropriate logs and links images as needed.
- Verifies patient deposit information daily from processing bank activity.
- Monitors and responds as needed to all correspondence received through e-mail, phone, voicemail, and departmental communication sources in a timely manner.
- Researches and corrects errors, which cause misappropriated funds.
- Applies undistributed payments to appropriate accounts after reviewing applicable documentation.
- Processes returned mail and prepare exhibit material for imaging as determined necessary.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing task by consider all area involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and task; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Energy: Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Work Experience: A minimum of one (1) year related experience required.General accounting and banking knowledge preferred. General knowledge of medical billing, insurance, and insurance remits, and coding preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred.
Salary Range: $17.00 - $21.00
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan