This job posting is no longer active.
This position works with the Regional Director and National Director to identify, cultivate and solicit event donors, honorees and committee prospects. To plan and implement special events as assigned by the Regional Director. The majority of fundraising activities are focused on events, special projects, and programs that may involve other areas of fundraising. To lay strategies for event fundraising and assist with regional fundraising activities as needed.
- Responsible for creating fundraising strategy, managing event logistics and implementing all details for assigned events.
- Develops strategies to meet or exceed all budgeted revenue goals.
- Develops and cultivates relationships with Regional Trustees and event leadership.
- Assists with planning other events as needed. Operates and produces events within approved cost of fundraising.
- Documents all donor contacts in compliance with National Jewish Health Development procedures.
- Maintains donor files and accounts as assigned.
- Acts as an institution representative with National Jewish Health public.
- Develops plans for securing gifts (key event sponsors) from new sources.
- Performs as back up to staff absences and vacancies as necessary.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Business Acumen: Using economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Bachelor degree in related field required. Additional training in development and non-profit management preferred.
- Work Experience: A minimum of three (3) years fund-raising or related experience required.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None
Salary Range: $70,000 - $80,000
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan