This job posting is no longer active.
The Senior Financial Analyst position helps to ensure optimal financial and operating efficiency throughout the institution. This position develops budgets, analyzes operational data, and works with organizational leaders to achieve financial and operational goals.
- Reviews, analyzes, and edits budget submissions.
- Oversees departmental and programmatic spending to ensure expenditures remain within board-approved budgets.
- Assists with the Contract Pharmacy Program auditing process and compliance reporting.
- Analyzes financial and operational data to provide recurring and ad-hoc reporting to organizational leadership.
- Presents financial and special project reports to internal and external audiences.
- Collaborates with faculty, executives, and managers to enhance existing operations and support new business ventures.
- Monitors budgets throughout the year and prepares variances analyses.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Building Strategic Relationships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Business Acumen: Using economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
- Problem Solving: Uses issue identification, data relation and comparison, pattern recognition and information gathering to create analyses and make recommendations.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Minimal travel (<5%)
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, analytics, finance, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Work Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience in a finance or analytics. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Experience with business intelligence tools (Tableau, Power BI, Qlik) and SQL preferred. Prior healthcare experience preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None
Salary Range: $88,000 - $110,000
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan